Monday, January 11, 2016

Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos (+ Two more recipes)

I could literally eat Mexican food every day!

Unfortunately it is probably my husbands least favorite and we NEVER have it. I think I got him to take me for Mexican when I was pregnant. . . So with him being gone most nights I do fix "mexican food" for dinner a lot. 

I came across this recipe and decided to try it.
It seemed simple and looked delicious! 
When I say simple, I mean, like, three ingredients simple!!



Chicken breast, salsa, and taco seasoning!! 
And a crock pot! Thats it!!

Throw it all together in the crock pot, give it a little stir, and cook it 4-6 high or 6-8 low! 

I did mine on high for 5 hours



 This is what it looked like after cooking for 5 hours. It literally came apart with a fork.


I served it on corn tortilla's and topped with avocado, lettuce and a dollop of greek yogurt! 
I no longer buy sour cream, greek yogurt taste the exact same and it's healthier!

The next night I took the left over chicken and put it in a pot to make Tortilla soup!!



I had about a cup of chicken leftover and added chicken stock, corn, rotel, onion, and spices, and let it simmer for about 25 mins. 

I also made some homemade tortilla stripes with the corn tortillas!! So Gooooood! 
Easiest two meals!!





Chicken Tortilla Tacos

Two-Three Chicken Breasts
16 oz of salsa(I used Paco because it was on sale)
a packet of taco seasoning

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Leftover Chicken( I had about a cup)
Can of corn
Can of rotel( or just can of diced tomatoes and green chiles)
half a medium onion diced
1 teaspoon of garlic powder 
2 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of cayenne ( I made mine too spicy so I would admit these next time but if you like SPICY go for it!)

You could also add black beans! I just didn't have any!

Homemade Corn Tortilla Stripes

8 corn tortillas cut into 1/2" stripes
2 tablespoons of veg. oil
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne

Toss stripes in vegetable oil
Throw in spices/seasonings
Toss again
Place on baking sheet
Bake at 400F for 10 mins
Stir and left bake for another 9-10 mins

Each recipe made about 6 servings, so you can adjust to your needs! 

Have a great Monday! 

xo jess



No comments:

Post a Comment